About Child Molestation:
Child molestation crimes are arguably the most aggressively prosecuted crimes in the Bay Area. In California it is increasingly the most common of criminal charges. A child molestation conviction can result in life in prison, significant fines, and registration as a sex offender for the rest of your life. The stigma of a child molestation conviction can negatively impact your personal, professional, and public life.
There are many different types of child molestation crimes, and they all carry serious penalties. Child molestation crimes include:
- Penal Code Section 288(a)– Lewd or Lascivious Acts with a Child Under the Age of 14
- Penal Code Section 288(b) – Lewd or Lascivious Acts with a Minor by Force or Fear
- Penal Code Section 288(c) – Lewd or Lascivious Acts with a Child Age 14 or 15
- Penal Code Section 647.6 – Annoying or Molesting a Child
- Penal Code Section 288a – Oral Copulation with a Minor
- Penal Code Section 288.4 – Soliciting a Minor for Lewd Purposes
- Penal Code Section 288.5 – Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child
- Penal Code Section 288.7 – Sex with a Child Under the Age of 10
- Penal Code Section 290 – Sex Offender Registration
In the State of California, school teachers, nannies and caregivers of any kind are all required by law to report any suspicious comments or activity that point to the abuse of a child. If a child makes a false comment out of outrage at a parent, the consequences can result in serious criminal charges even if the statement is later denied by the child.
Jamie Harris can successfully defend the child molestation charges being brought against you or someone you know. Cases involving children can be extremely sticky due to the prosecutor’s nature of using child testimony as a way to benefit their case. There is also the social stigma attached with sexual harm to children that can skew the jurors’ viewpoints on the case and the evidence along with it. She can put our knowledge to work for you and your loved ones by performing pre-trial investigations to possibly have your case dropped before a trial can commence. If trial must ensue, Jamie has effective and aggressive defense strategies to fight your child sex crime charges.